Twenty credit hours, including a minimum of
- Reading proficiency of Greek or Latin at the 200 level, demonstrated by completion of the following: CG 210 or CL 210 ;
- Gateway course: CC 200 ;
- Two courses from the following, each from a different cluster:
- Literature: CC 220 , CC 222 , CC 223 , CC 224 ,
- History: , , , ; CC 226
- Art History: AH 222 , ; and
- One course from CG 310 , CG 311 ; CL 310 , CL 311 ; CC 365 ; PL 204 ; HI 351A-D (when applicable); PH 327 ; and (when applicable) RE 330 . Students may count toward the minor any course listed above, plus , CC 291 , and PH 203 . Minors are encouraged to take one 300-level seminar in either Greek or Latin (CG 310 , CG 311 ; CL 310 , CL 311 ). CC 100 and may not count toward the minor.
, , , , , , ; ; , , , ; and .
Suggested course clusters in Greek and Roman literature, art and archaeology, history, and philosophy in addition to the major/minor requirements:
Art and Archaeology: , , , ; , AN 201 ; , ; , ; and , , , .
History: ; ; and , , , , .
Philosophy: , , , , ; ; , , , ; and , , , .
Majors and minors are encouraged to study modern languages such as French, German, and Italian, in which there is an abundance of classical scholarship available.